The Standing Committee on Development and Strategic Communications was established to develop and initiate implementation of a strategic plan and framework for raising funds for all CAHS activities including assessments, the annual forum and ongoing operations.
The Committee has a mandate to ensure robust communications internally among Fellows and supporters of the CAHS and externally with potential stakeholders and the general public about the value of the CAHS Mission and Vision.
Development and communications activities of the Committee must advance in lock step with the goals of the Standing Committees on Government Relations, Annual Meeting Planning and Assessments and this is achieved through cross representation on Board Committees and the ex-officio appointment of the Committee Chair to the CAHS Board.
- Prepare a Case for Support and recommendations for strategic communications for fundraising to support targeted activities including assessments, the annual forum and general purposes including administration and executive function of the CAHS as approved by the Board. Strategies for raising both expendable and trust funds will be included.
- Finalize a business case for support of fundraising as outlined in the Case for Support including communications for approval by the Board.
- Establish a prospective donor list and solicitation strategy based on guidance and engagement of key influential CAHS members and other stakeholders.
- Incorporate the planning for strategic partnerships as outlined by the former Ad Hoc Committee on CAHS Partnerships, including the preparation of template agreements and contracts necessary for partnerships and fundraising for approval by the CAHS Board.
- Develop and assist the Board in implementing a strategy to engage CAHS members in fundraising that includes volunteering their time and expertise as well as financial contribution.
- Assist the Standing Committee on Annual Meeting Planning and the Chair(s)/Lead(s) of each Annual Forum in accomplishing timely, targeted fundraising based on the prospectus and budget for this activity.
- Work closely with the Standing Committee on Assessments to fundraise for each assessment based on the prospectus and required budget.
- Work closely with the Standing Committee on Government Relations to ensure coherence of all external documents and relationships.
- Develop and assist the Board in implementing a strategic communications plan that includes Website, Newsletter, Social Media, and written materials for media release and targeted stakeholders (e.g., Government and other sponsors).
- Work with the CAHS secretariat to establish the necessary constituent management informatics tools to assist in tracking and communicating with donors, prospects, partners and other stakeholders.
- Work with the CAHS secretariat to establish the appropriate financial framework and oversight for trust funds including annual auditing.
- Establish evaluation tools to analyze the effectiveness of fund-raising and communications with annual report to the CAHS Board.
Faculty of Dentistry, McGill University
|Sandra T Davidge PhD
Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Alberta
|Elizabeth Eisenhauer MD, FRCP (C), FCAHS
Faculty of Medicine, Queen’s University
|James (Jay) C Cross
University of Calgary
|Carol Herbert MD CCFP FCFP FCAHS
Professor Emerita and Adjunct Research Professor
Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry at Western University
|Jon Meddings MD
Dean, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary
|Hugh O’Brodovich MD FRCP(C) FCAHS
Arline & Pete Harman Professor of Pediatrics (Emeritus), Stanford School of Medicine
|Paul O’Byrne MB, FRCPI, FRCPC, FRCPE, FRCP(Glasg), FAPC, FCCP, FERS, FRSC, FCAHS
Dean and Vice-President, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University
|Linda Rabeneck MD MPH FRCPC FCAHS
Professor of Medicine, University of Toronto
Vice President, Prevention and Cancer Control
Cancer Care Ontario
|Christopher Simpson MD
Vice-Dean, Clinical, School of Medicine at Queen’s University and Chief of Cardiology, Queen’s University
|Kishor M. Wasan, R.Ph, Ph.D, FAAPS, FCSPS, FCAHS
Professor & Former Dean (On Administrative Leave until June 2020), College of Pharmacy and Nutrition, University of Saskatchewan; Adjunct Professor and Distinguished University Scholar, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia; Steering Committee, Canadian Network for Neglected Tropical Diseases
|Catharine Whiteside CM MD PhD FRCP(C) FCAHS
Executive Director, SPOR Network in Diabetes and its Related Complications
Professor Emerita and Former Dean of Medicine, University of Toronto